View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Is this possible?

I have been thinking about adding a hydraulic cylinder to my truck bed to make it a dumper since I read the other thread about it and since I will have lots of mulch jobs in another month or so, but they are close to $1500 for most kits, and I was thinking if I could find a manual hydraulic cylinder, like a big floor jack has, and instead of having a powered dumping bed, I would have a manual dumping bed that I would obviously have to crank a handle to raise and lower, but it should still work the same...right? Most of the dumping kits Ive seen do not have that long of a stroke on the ram anyway, so using one from a large floor jack may work great, and they are rated for 3-4 tons, I would never be hauling close to that much, even with the weight of the bed itself figured in. I have looked at the dumper kits installed and I could fabricate all of the parts and hinge the bed like they do, just have to figure a way to have the crank accessible? Im sure someone has thought of this before, and yeah, I realize it may be a bit "rigged", but all I care about is if it raises the bed and dumps the crap from it. Who cares if that means I must spend 5 minutes cranking a handle? Thanks guys.

Page generated in 0.03916 seconds with 7 queries