View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg21 View Post
Grassman i agree!! How many guys do you have working for you full time?how many years have you retained your full time employees year after year? seems to me that its really hard to find good legal help Americans dont like to sweat or even get their hands dirty. I love this business after a nice hot sweaty day of cutting i enjoy washing off all the dirt/dust thats dried on me. i have even had guys that try to stay clean while cutting guess what they left before they learned to mix oil/gas. I have even giving guys from AA and NA a chance but they as well did not work out. I know a lot of you probably think I'm not training or paying them well but believe me that's not the problem. I have many friends that are very large in this business and they tell me ill never make it with white guys in my trucks.
The real reason Mexicans work hard is that with the exchange rate of dollars to pesos 1 dollar equals 12.75 pesos. If you pay them $12hr it will be like $50.00hr in Mexico. Pay Americans $50.00hr & see how hard they work or start paying Mexicans $2.00 an hr and see how hard they don't. It's all relative, that's why they send all their money back to Mexico and 8 guys share a 1 bedroom apartment when they live here, saving big $$ and all the more money to send back to Mexico.

If your near Baltimore you should be able to hire some college kids every spring and summer. From what this guy said to you this is just a temp gig for him and he may quit without notice.

Last edited by sdk1959; 03-01-2010 at 09:50 PM.

Page generated in 0.04622 seconds with 7 queries