View Single Post
Old 03-05-2010, 08:00 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
maybe the grass cutting/basic maint is a lost leader so to speak. get the basic mow blow and go @ cost, and then you get first crack at the "no bid stuff" tree work, flowers, planting, sod, ect....and make it up on the back end...

@ 40bucks an hour that 207 hours...17 hours each week for 12 weeks... or 2 employees one day each week...

even if he screws the pooch and bails on the contract after one year the city has saved 10K, and lowered the pricing down significantly for the following year.

definitely low...but it would be interesting to see what kind of work they do..
That's the thing.
The quote INCLUDES the Aeration, Flower Beds (and there's quite a few) Tree wrapping, (LOts) Cleaning up dog poop, Litter, EVERYTHING. There's no Extras to be had. I bid $18,200 so even without this bid I wouldn't of got it. I based my bid on the actual hours, operating and material cost over the last couple of years. I was lucky to have access to that info from my buddy who did it. Crazy way to price a job I know

When you have 8 bids ranging from $17,800 to $22,400 then one at less than half. That should have thrown up some red frags with the County. But it didn't .. Oh well.

And if he bails after year one, He loses the $5000 performance bond.

I just landed a $23,000 landscaping job. And have several more in the works. Looks like people are starting to loosen their wallets a bit this year.

Page generated in 0.04667 seconds with 7 queries