Thread: Michigan LCO's
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2010, 02:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawncareAmericaLLC View Post
I have the health form bill on pdf file and i think you need to read it carfully. I did not read anything about 50 employees or more. I read that all companies big or small will have to have health insurance for all. As for the payroll tax, you only have to pay it if you do not have the goverment insurance. If you want i can send the bill to you. All 2000 pages.
No worries - I have my own copy

Read Sec 1511 -- 200 employee threshold for mandatory coverage

Section 1513 discusses the phase-ins at the 50 employee threshold

Because of the qualifiers existent in the act, ie "employers with more than 200 employees", all employers with fewer than 50 employees do not have any provisions of this law imposed on them -- I would wager to guess that includes most of us on this board.

There is no payroll tax anywhere in this bill -- if you can find this, please post the section reference. I think you are getting this confused with the tax penalty that will be imposed if you do not purchase minimum levels of individual coverage -- that part does exist, but if you already buy health insurance today, nothing changes for you. Also, there is no "government insurance" under this act -- that part was the much-debated "public option" which no longer exists in the bill. All insurance in this country will continue to be provided by private companies, unless you qualify for Medicare/Medicaid (which is what the *real* angry debate should be about IMHO!)

Page generated in 0.04770 seconds with 7 queries