View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 09:32 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARRIS Property Management View Post
Bob, I would be more interested in seeing a sample of the postcard you sold him for my next year order with you. I think my last two orders with you i may have made them a little too elaborate to target my right audience. Always interested in seeing other ideas that are working for other LCO's.
Dave(if my memory is correct)-

Send me an email, and I'll be happy to show you his ad. I don't think he will have a problem with that, but I'd prefer not to post it in this thread.

I will say that he did have a spot to write in a price. I am a FIRM believer that this should be done whenever you can. It really takes the guess work out, and makes it easier on the customer.

If you like I can also include in that email a link to an article I wrote on the idea of leaving a price vs not leaving a price.

Now as far as "too elaborate" I actually got some pictures of some more "modest" houses for that exact purpose. I try my best to provide every one of my customers a truly professional piece. I never want someone to feel they were cheated. I've seen other design company's give a VERY low budget design, and I would never want to give a customer that. HOWEVER... with all my stuff, if you wanted something that looked "less" elaborate, or even lower budget I can do that. I do LOTS of mailings during the year, for my own lawn care company, and I change the ads frequently so it's hard to track exactly what works best, But I even have some that the back is black and white.

So, I can see your point, but on the same token, maybe it's not the elaborateness but rather the content of the card. Sometimes, fine tuning a card is better. I truly feel that overall, the door hangers and postcards that I see are way too busy(i include in a design what I'm asked, I offer LOTS of advice whenever asked). There is that old marking term KISS (keep it simple stupid) and it seems that lots of people forget that term.

Sorry for rambling but while were on the subject.... I don't remember your card exactly, but i think one of the biggest downfalls on response rates in our industry, is that the "special offer" isn't "special" enough. People can't get hung up on what they are "losing" in year one. They need to think of the money they will make on the LIFE of the customer. It's MUCH cheaper to keep a customer, than obtain a customer.

I'll stop now, because I would write and write and write. Give me a call and lets talk about some things we can try.

Page generated in 0.03989 seconds with 7 queries