View Single Post
Old 05-10-2010, 06:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenbowLawn View Post
wow i love your work, and im hoping to get a dump trailer similar to your too. im working on getting more landscape work, right now im hit and miss with mowing customers. Any tips for getting the work?
Thank you! I think a dump trailer is a must if you mostly do landscape work. As I grow (hopefully)... I'd like to have dump trailers- maybe not AS big as mine currently- be THE go-to tool for my operation. They are just so versatile. Mine is 12,000#.... I'd like to stick with 10,000# from now on and maybe an F-450 next, so that I can keep future employees under CDL. I refuse to hand-unload anything at the end of the day. Part-timers like working with me because of the dump set-up (truck-trailer)...

As for straight landscape work, I guess my best advice would be pay close attention to DETAIL and work off REFERRALS! Take your one or two landscape jobs (a mulch job, trimming, a small install, whatever), do great work, and let word of mouth spread. I mow 3 yards- I love mowing, but it is not my main gig by far. I started out making landscape work my niche, not grass.

Make a brochure that lists additional services and mail it out to your mowing customers- let them know what you provide. You could stick it in an invoice envelope and DONE. I hand out very professional brochures instead of cards and people eat that up. And it does not mention mowing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor8 View Post
how much is the echo bed redefiner
With tax, 675.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRi24 View Post
looks real good! the grass in the 2nd pic, post number 8 looks like it would be a pain to mow!
Thanks! Yea, that turf gets the trimmer only. It's a third tier down in a very complex backyard. You could barely carry a push mower to it.

Page generated in 0.03703 seconds with 7 queries