View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectEarth View Post
Thanks Pete! Yea, I'd much rather sit on one property and bill out hourly (or estimated job price) than run around town burning fuel for 40-50$ yards. I can completely understand doing that and it's fine (I do it one day a week)...I'd have to do 17 yards a day to match a landscape maintenance/install job. And that doesn't include materials!

I would like to generate enough to have a dedicated mowing crew one day but that's completely additional... A few of the higher-end, larger landscape companies in Louisville have one or two mowing crews and the rest is all landscape-focused.
Yes I totally agree, I am starting to not like the mowing side more and more. I am just starting to get my feet wet into smaller installs but hopefully I can grow more and more through word of mouth. Do you have any tips for generating leads when first starting doing installs? I am gonna put together a nice brochure, and upsell to mowing clients as well, but anything else you can think of?

The mowing crew sounds like a good idea, that way you can offer it to any customer who asks so you don't have to deal with other guys taking your landscaping jobs.

Page generated in 0.03699 seconds with 7 queries