View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris "Greenville" View Post
So the larger pumps are only to increase ground speed and have nothing to do with the increase in HP right? I would hate to blow out my pumps due to the power upgrade.
Chris, if I'm not mistaken, all the engines operate at 3600rpm, which is suppose to be the "peak" operating efficiency for the pumps according to the manual. I don't think the pumps would be harmed even if you dropped in a 31hp kawasaki since they're still going 3600rpm. The extra hp will keeps your pumps at 3600rpm and not drop down as much when you are mowing the tall stuff. I noticed my pumps are more efficient when I take off from a stop, used to be when my pto switch was engaged and I take off fast, it would take a little dip in rpm for just a split second, now it doesn't even do that. The pumps "feel" more powerful, probably because I have more power available and they are constantly running a peak power, (i guess!). The top end ground speed seems the same though, but seems to accelerate more quickly now, which I like!!!! I think wheel motors are the same on the super mini z, I think the bigger pumps on that one move more hydraulic fluid faster to the wheel motors, turning them faster, translating to more speed.

Page generated in 0.03878 seconds with 7 queries