View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 11:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southern118 View Post
i really dont understand how people cant mow that many lawns in an 8 hour day. i work part time and we mow roughly 10 to 15 yards in a 3 to 4 hour shift. all residential and average size yards. The best thing you can do is have two or three yards that you never have to go back to the truck for. this is with a 2 man crew or 3 man crew on the days we have to bust out 15 in about 2 1/2 hours
Even with a 3 man crew 15 lawns in 2.5hrs is very difficult. We can do it in a sub division where we have 7 lawns all together and another with 8 lawns. This practically eliminates wasted windshield time, etc. If the routing was not that close I don't think we could get then done no matter how small the lawns are. The windshield, loading/unloading would kill you. Think about it this way, you must be getting a lawn done in less then 10 minutes. If you have to drive to the next lawn you must deduct your drive time plus your loading/unloading from that 10 minutes. Crap you may be left with only 3 minutes to get the lawn mowed, trimmed and blowed off. Like I said if the lawn are not in groups of 7 or more we or probably no one else could not get them done in 2.5 hrs.

Page generated in 0.04524 seconds with 7 queries