View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Member

I have an older snapper 21 commercial. It's the Hi-Vac model with the 5hp Wisconsin Robin engine. I have to agree with another comment, that it is a very versatile mower. I only have a few residential accounts, and it's my primary mower for everything. I use a high lift blade for bagging and it doesn't leave anyything behind, and the ninja blade for mulching. For "billygoat" jobs, the side discharge chews through everything. I hear alot of complaints about the drive system, but I really like it because anything that fails is very easy to replace, cheap, and is VISIBLE. I inspect it almost every morning, and haven't had anything fail.

Even with the hi-vac model, the ninja blade mulches very well. If the blade is dull, a second pass may be required for wet stuff, but with sharp blades, this mower is a "jack of all trades".

The lever that controls the self propel take a little getting used to, but I don't have any problems with it whatsoever.

I typically carry a 1/2 and 9/16 ratchet and the various parts, and can tackle any job that I come across with this single machine.

Thus far, I'm extremely pleased with the Snapper.
Stihl FS 100RX Trimmer
Stihl KM 90 with attachments
Kawasaki Edger
Stihl BG 55 Blower
Stihl FS 45 Hedge Trimmers
Beautiful supportive wife
Lots of Motivation

Page generated in 0.04190 seconds with 7 queries