View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 11:18 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
yet another person i have found who actually "bags" the grass.

why do you people mess with putting the clipping in bags. that is what the truck bed is for. when i bag grass in the front yard the catcher gets directly dumped into the truck bed. in the backyard i use a 55 gallon drum i cut in half to dump the catcher in and then that when full gets directly dumped into the truck bed.

no bags to mess with, no bags to line the catcher with. plain and simple.
I bag almost every yard i do in the spring because of the lush grass that can't be mulched. we are just starting to be able to mulch some properties now that the summer heat has hit and the grass growth slows down.

I would NEVER dump the clippings into the truck box for the simple reason that I have to pay $35.00 to unload at the land fill (commercial rate), and I would have to make at least two loads a day. It is easier and a lot cheaper ($0.03 per bag)to bag it and put the bags in the customers garbage container and then the city takes them to the land fill & I don't have to fix flat tires either!
By doing it this way when we drive away from the job site the job is done, no unloading still to do!

Page generated in 0.04329 seconds with 7 queries