View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 07:33 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLARK LAWN View Post
i took a guy to court for non payment a few years ago, his exact quote to the judge was that even though he signed the contract i made to much per hour. he then told the judge that he feels that about a third would be acceptable as that would put me in line with what he makes per hour. he didnt account for the materials used or that i had myself plus another guy there. i think the judge had a hard time keeping a straight face as he tried to argue his point.
That is just pitiful! I had a Russian lady with 0.9 acre lawn whom I quoted $80 for which included catching the grass and hedge trimming.. She asked how long would it take me to do it (me working alone)? I told her no more than 2 hours.
She said WHAT!?? So you're making $40 per hour??? :O. I said well.. You have to count the gas it takes me to get here. Gas to run equipment, equipment wear and tear.. And then I'll end up with probably $30/hour or less. She said that's still waaay too much!!! I work for $10/hour! If you want, I can pay you no more than $30 for the job. $10 for gas and $20 for your labor.
So I just laughed at her as I got in my truck and left.

Page generated in 0.04187 seconds with 7 queries