View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 09:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
The one thing that might make an attempt to maximize the truckmounts capacity worthwhile, is gaining the ability to run a small missile. That would be about the only thing, outside of a local bargain, that would motivate me to want to wrestle around with a 10 HP pump, which might be able to run from a 16 HP engine, as long as I keep the pressure low enough. One important component of a DIY rig is a variable-diameter pulley, which will let you tweak operation, for maximum air.
when we were doing a lot of gunite work we had a truck mount IR 500 cfm compressor.

i think that rig taught us a few things, one lesson is when the truck won't run you're out a compressor and when the compressor the truck is of little use.

a gunite company in our area uses skid mounted 500's so if the compressor goes down, you rent a compressor, same thing with the truck...........

a 125 can be modified by stripping the axle, springs and shackles, tongue and sheet metal. just guessing you could drop the weight to 1500 lbs or less.

the reel/reels aren't a problem for small hose, this may be a good set-up for the snow plow guys as they could get a little more use from their trucks.

i've seen many backhoe/dozer specific trucks for use in the mountains and the heavy traffic of big cities, these have been running around since i can recall although rollbacks are replacing them now.

ironically this is an option that i've been looking into lately for both equipment transport and the compressor for a small mountain community near me.

Page generated in 0.04504 seconds with 7 queries