View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:51 PM
laman laman is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 278
Originally Posted by topsites View Post
Yeah all right, one more time...

That thing the push rod keeps popping out from under would be the rocker (or rocker arm)
and on the other end that spring thing is the lifter, then below that would be the valve.

I think I got it right this time.
Best I could find in terms of a diagram is this automotive VTEC which, well:
This is definitely not a push rod motor. A push rod motor has a lifter on camshaft that pushes up to open the valve and the down to close the valve.
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.03832 seconds with 8 queries