Thread: Question on bid
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 06:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall46 View Post
We received a bid to install a simple 2 zone system which is powered by a 3/4 pump which sits on shore...it draws from the lake. The installer mentioned because its only 2 zones that we had the option of getting our own controller as his price was 200+ and he felt becase of the simplistic nature of what we needed...(watering the grass) and a small bed of native flowers. The controllers he uses were way overkill. Could anyone kindly recommend a 4 valve controller? I would rather not buy some POS from a box store from a guy @ HD that doesnt know his as_ from a hole in the ground.....I see sprinklerwarehouse has several controllers @ decent prices.

I was also curious if a pressure relief valve would be something we request be installed to prevent the pump from burning out in the event a valve ever got stuck. Or perhaps a high temp kill switch. A pressure tank I know is an alternative but would prefer to avoid one if the relief valve would suffice.
A relief valve will suffice.

Why don't you just let the installer put the controller in. Quit trying to penny pinch on the contractor.

You get what you pay for on controllers, and for 200 bucks he is probably going to do a pro-c or esp modular.

That's a fair price.
Posted via Mobile Device

Page generated in 0.03821 seconds with 7 queries