View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 08:03 PM
Mjtrole Mjtrole is offline
LawnSite Member
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ALLEN PARK, MI
Posts: 226
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
I am trying to come up with an automatic shut off device for a pump that fills a pond for golf course irrigation. I have done an internet search but can't find anything. I have the concept down in my head just need to find the right parts. I have asked my Ewing guy but he cannot find anything yet.
We serviced a golf course (9 holes) that had two ponds on the course that were fed from the main golf pumps. the two ponds each had a ten horse to feed off site irrigation systems, we first started working on the system and had nothing but trouble with the "float" switches that were originally installed in catch basins with pond circulator pumps.

We finally decided to use irrigation controllers to fill the ponds, we basically ran the fill line the same time the irrigation system ran and then "balanced" it out from there whether it needed more or less water.

If you don't go that route any decent pond supply business should have what you are looking for, the only thing is looks, so you might have to run a pvc feed "overflow" to a catch basin that houses the "float" switch that way you don't have a toilet ball looking thing in the golf course pond.

Good luck
Reply With Quote
Page generated in 0.04289 seconds with 8 queries