I was visiting a friend today northwest of Baltimore, Maryland... in the sticks.
There is a Scag dealer near him, so we went over to look at the new V-Ride.
NONE, NADA, ZIP! I asked the salesperson why he didn't carry the V-Ride (he did have the ExMark standon) and he told me "no body is asking for them"!
WHAT!!??? In Northern Virginia, one of our Scag dealers sells all that he can get! I know this as a fact, because I'll be there on a Monday, and they have just received 1 or 2 units in the Scag crates... they build them, and by Thursday they are gone!!
He did try to sell me a ExMark unit... but several things turned me off about the ExMark Vantage unit.
1. The platform is REALLY bouncy!! I thought that I would need dramamine for motion sickness. It's one thing to smooth out the bumps, but you have to control the bounce... it moves TOO much!
2. The deck doesn't float! The deck and the engine are also on the same platform! They move as a single solid unit.
3. The Kawasaki engine on it is the "FS Series".
FS is a "consumer" engine with a 500 hour CARB rating. Scag uses the Kawasaki "FX" series engines... which is a "commercial" grade engine with a 1000 hour CARB rating.
4. It comes with a consumer foam air filter.
What I DID like about the unit (as compared to the Scag V-Ride)
1. Gas tank weight is centered with the front of the unit. (rather than being on one side)
2. Operator Presence Switch - the right side motion control is spring loaded. If you let go of it, it springs up, stopping the blades!
3. Better "Info Meter" giving you "hours and diagnostics" of issues that might arise.