Thread: Ground Pearls
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
TSP mixed with Dylox turns the active ingredient into DDVP aka Vapona. That is an organophosphate pesticide with an LD 50 of less than 100 MG/KG and very easily absorbed through skin. It is also extremely volatile. I would rather take my chances with a Merit application drenched in with a soil surfactant.

To whom it may concern, this is the method I found and used after researching it. I found a study that was done(don't ask for a link Kiril. It was 2 or 3 years ago) using this technique and I used it with some success. The study found that by applying Merit along whith a wetting agent, you introduced a systemic insecticide that would hang in the root zone for an extended period. This would allow the turf to more readily take it up through the roots and of course, that's where the "pearls" are attached to the plant. By using tis method, there was no need to try to defeat the hard shell of the pest. They simply ingested it. I eliminated the pests in some cases and in others I signifigantly reduced numbers and kept them under control. I only had 5 or 6 cases out of hundreds of cutomers but I still have access to most of these lawns.

"Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"- Thomas Edison, businessman/inventor

Page generated in 0.04239 seconds with 7 queries