View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 12:09 PM
LawnSite Member

New Company: Review please?

I just completed what I hope is everything needed to at least start my business and I was wondering if some of our more seasoned business owners could take a glance and tell me if I have overlooked some major legal or business related item.

1. LLC formed and filed with the state
2. Privileged Business license to operate out of my City
3. Home occupancy zoning permit to operate business out of my home
4. GL coverage of up to $1,000,000 per incident and a max of $2,000,000
5. Domain Name registration
6. Web Hosting and Email services
7. Phone services
8. Business cards, logo work shirts
9. Business Management Software - Lawn Pro Professional
10. Landscape Design Software - Real Time Landscaping Professional
11. Small ZTR - 2010 Hustler Sport 42"
12. Commercial ZTR - 2010 SCAG Wildcat 52"
13. Backpack Blower - 2010 Echo PB-500H - I realize these Echos aren't commercial units but hopefully they will hold up through a season or 2.
14. String Trimmer - 2010 Echo SRM-225
15. Push Mower - 2009 John Deere JS45A - already had this for my own yard.
16. 5x8 Curahee Trailer with wood floor - Small I know but I am pulling it with my car for now so a large trailer wasn't an option.
17. Residential Contracts created, Commercial Contracts created
18. Estimate forms for both Res and Com
19. Billing options include: Pay Per Visit, Due upon Receipt, Weekly, Bi-Weekly, Monthly and Yearly. Also offer level billing.
20. Met with CPA to cover taxing for employees, services and sales for materials.

What I dont have is workmans comp, which I am not required to carry unless I have 3 or more employees but I kinda feel like I need to offer this. I would feel horrible if someone was hurt working for me and I couldn't offer assistance.

I also need to get a truck but my wife is in panic mode with everything done so far and I want to give her some time to see the business working before springing another major expense on her.

Basically with my current accounts, the aerating I have scheduled so far, 14 jobs and the fall clean up I know I have for sure, I am only $50 per month shy of paying for everything I bought as well as the ongoing expenses. Ok, now its time for some tough love from you all. What have I left out? What mistakes have I made on equipment? Please be honest with your posts. I have thick skin so I want a true opinion not a politically correct post ).

Thanks in advance guys.

Don Muse
Moose Lawn Care, LLC
www.mooselawncare.com

Page generated in 0.04551 seconds with 7 queries