View Single Post
Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravyTrain View Post
Thanks to all for the comments, both positive and negative. As far as the "striping" i mentioned, I never meant to infer that I considered this yard striped. I was referring to the fact that this grass simply does not lay down like some of the other grass I've seen on here.

If anyone has suggestions on how to not leave tire tracks when mowing, I'm all ears.

As for the help on the trailer, yea, the truck is a little underpowered, '95 1500 with about 80k miles on it, but it gets the job done. gets 7mpg when pulling but I don't travel much more than 2 miles for any of my properties, my furthest commute is 5 miles. If you are referring to the angle of the trailer, I think it's the perspective of the picture. also...AAL's or timbrens? not following there.
Thats why I suggested the concrete striper. It lays the grass over pretty good I've found.

And AAL's are Add A Leafs, they beef up your current leaf springs to hold a heavier load better. And timbrens are just bigger bump stops than what your truck has from the factory. They don't let it sag so much when under a heavy load.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower