View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed2hess View Post
Roger good post. Isn't there an awful lot of oil on the outsides of that unit? In the picture with the lines into the gas tank it is pretty oily. Looks like the kind of blow out you get when one of those two carb gaskets are bad. The ones between the filter housing and carb or the carb and the head gasket. Stihl don't have breather like Echo that leak do they?

I was told that gu is the by-product of corn gas eating up the plastics in the gas tank and delivery system. Never seen quite that much but have seem
somethign similar on several machines. On Echo those gas tank groments are getting ate up from inside.
Nope, it's what Maico said.

Nice pics!
Couple of things though, I usually ****** the carb/aircleaner/mtg. block area with contact or brake cleaner to eliminate all the loose crud before removing them.
You also wanna check the check valves per the ZAMA tips site! Also it's not a bad idea to remove the hs/ls needle limiters and remove the needles. (New caps are avail.)
Another thing is the welch plugs. Looked like the sealer on/around the plugs was deteriorating and curling up ( it usually does, thanks to ethanol ).
I usually scrape the loose sealer out and reseal with " SealAll" http://www.biosafe-inc.com/sealall.htm which is Stihl recommended. Hopefully the plugs are tight.
Also note that the mounting gasket isn't included with the carb kit.

......AMF!

Last edited by BigFish; 09-27-2010 at 08:26 PM.

Page generated in 0.03695 seconds with 7 queries