View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Price is based on what everyone else in your area is selling. Not sure about the bundle thing cause we do by cord(128 cu.ft.). Some years its up ans some years its down. Advertise any and every way you can. Park trailers/trucks with signs, leave fylers/cards in gas stations, run an ad in the paper, etc. Its alot of work and its depends on how serious you are about doing it. Also take into consideration how far you have to go for the wood. Selling as split, blocked, length? It all factors in. Best bet is to check out some of the other guys who have been doing it awhile without pissing them off. Remember they were there first so try not to step on any toes. You are almost alittle late for getting wood this year but I guess you could get started but if you are serious about it you should spend alot of your summer collecting and splitting so its dry and ready. Are there alot of woodstove users in your area? My wife is from Virginia in the hills on the border of Ky and West Va., lots of trees but everybody uses oil or propane? Stupid if you ask me. All the trees around them would provide a great sourse of heat for a fraction of the cost.

Page generated in 0.03756 seconds with 7 queries