Thread: White Gardens
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Awesome, Awesome, Awesome.

Finally,

The decision has been made to do a late season install. I'm stoked as it is the local Elementary School in Danvers IL, where my home and business is located.

Not the biggest or most complicated job in the world, but it's an honor to some degree to be able to do a school that will hopefully be standing for years to come. The exposure will be nice also, highly visible on the main road, and I'm going to stick my sign out by the road also.

This is at least phase one. They originally had nothing but a bunch of trees in the original blue-prints. Phase 2 and 3 might just be large shade trees around the property, but being a school, budget is an issue. Also, I might bring to their attention that there is a non-profit organization that does install natural groves in the area. I'm all about saving money for the kids education.

So ultimately my goal was to take advantage of the shape and colors in the building, along with not adding to much to the contrasting colors of the building. The gym was originally part of the old school, and they built off of it, so that's why there is so many different colors.

I tried to break it up visually as possible so the color changes weren't so visible.

Before Images

Name:  photo5a.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  308.5 KB

Name:  Photo15a.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  268.3 KB

Name:  Photo16a.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  219.3 KB

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.03719 seconds with 8 queries