View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:46 AM
LawnSite Member

I have had alot of things traded I dont mind sometimes because if it something I am going to buy I just trade more than what I would charge cash but some things are a edger, pressure washer, tailgate salt spreader, appliances for my home that all came from a customer who owns a auction and I have traded with a equipment dealer a new walk behind and a kanga with auger, forks, trencher and I am trying to work out a deal for a hurricane blow vac 27hp. Also have traded many vehicle's such as a 2004 tiburon they bought it for there son and he went to college for 4 years so didnt want to keep it in the garage. I also used to work for a car dealer so I traded for cars alot I got a 2003 durango for a planting and mulch job and I got a 1999 expedition with rims and tv's for mowing at his house I put in a patio for my 2001 f-350 powerstroke and the last deal that came out pissed me off and that is why i dont work for him anymore but I mulched his home and his 2 car lots along with putting in tons of annuals like I did every other year and when it came time to getting paid he usually paid check or money order and if i was looking for a car I would then tell him hey how much for that and il do this but this time I go in to get paid esp. cause when we where finishing the last car lot 15 guys came on a bus and took all his cars off the lot said he didnt pay for them but anyways I flew down there and gave him a bill for $20,000 and he pretty much flat out told me he was broke and couldnt pay me. So I asked if he could atleast pay half and maybe trade for somthing else he simply said I got nothing going bankrupt and he said I will trade you somthing so I asked what he got and all he actually owned on the lot was 3 older cars and a 2003 Hummer H2 that he was asking $42,000 for so I said how much cash with what you owe and he said bring me 12k cash and take it so I did but It screwed me up all year 2 years ago because I had lost pretty much $32,000 cash so I struggled all year to keep everything going but it was either that or I would of got nothing and dont say take him to court because once someone files for bankruptcy you cant

Page generated in 0.04564 seconds with 7 queries