View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 07:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ideas on redmax replacement?

we have nothing but Redmax, when they first came out they were pretty good..but they pride themselves on being CARB compliant, which is good for the enviroment..I've noticed that with every new model they come out with, there are more and more problems, mainly with the carberators and issues with being less forgiving on quality of fuel and oil used in them. When i first worked on a piece of Redmax equipment i was empressed only by the engine name (Zenoah) which is a well respected motor in the RC world..but RC Cars and Planes dont need to be Carb compliant..matter of fact they are just the oppisite, they are built souly on performance.

We have roughly 400 pieces of Redmax and i'm working on changing over to another Brand for now. I'm sure Carb regulations are making everything more unstable these days but any suggestions would be nice. I'm leaning towards Husqvarna atm..btw they bought Redmax last year because of the credits they get for selling the Carb compliant equipment, which alows them to sell their none carb engines without penalty.. hopefully they can solve some of Redmax's growing problems in the near future.

I learned small engine repair pretty much on the fly, never been to school (thank goodness for the internet). I was big in RC Cars and Boats for a while beforehand so i was not completely in the dark. For the past 4 years it's been mainly Redmax that i've worked on and i've even been certified for waranty purposes. I'm sure most all 2 stroke engines are relatively the same, acttually redmax is probly some of the more complicated to diagnose and fix with all the carb crap (reed valves, fuel pumps...soon catalytic converters so i've heard), I would prefer to have something that can take a beating but is still fairly priced..price being the main concern with the owner. lso a simpler engine setup would be nice..if they even still exist.

Any suggestions would be welcome

28 Maintenance Crews, 3 Landscaping Crews, 3 Irigation Crews, 6 Turf Crews, 3 Maintenance Enhancment Crews, 2 Hardscapes Crews

70 Wright Stander 52"
12 Wright Stander 36"
9 Wright ZK 61"
18 Encore Rage 52" Stand On Mower
400+ pieces of RedMax Equipment
150+ pieces of Kawasaki Power Equipment
350+ pieces of Husqvarna Handheld Equipment
.....A constant barrage of broken machines!!

Page generated in 0.04464 seconds with 7 queries