Thread: Got my MZ
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Way to go!! Looks like a great mower, best of luck with it. Great job on the write up! I am sure that you will have many many years of dependable service with the MZ. Pretty cool that you got it from retrodog, I have read lots of his post and he seems to be a good guy. Well enjoy the cutting, I am sure you are havin a ball. I remember my first couple of weeks with my first Z, it was a whole new game. I mean did you ever think in you life you would look forward to cutting the lawn???

I also wanted to add that I have the same Tach/hour meter. It came with the unit. I think it is cool to see the RPM's, but something I really have no need for, but I guess it is good for mechanical reasons if needed. I also like the twin Briggs, I don't know why so many are afraid of this engine? It is a good engine, I mean any engine can break down. I have heard my fair share of Honda and Kawi problems, so it is a crap shoot with any engine, just keep em tuned and they will treat you good. I service my engine once a season and I do it in the spring, probably around the 2nd or 3rd cut of the season. I change the fuel filter, airfilter, spark plug. I also drain the oil and change the oil filter and top it off with the proper weight and grade of AMSOIL. I also hit all the grease fittings and top off any other fluids and it is good to go for the season, my season anyway. If you do this everyear, your Briggs will treat you good for many years.

I have said a few times before that I was going to get the Briggs 26 ELS for the FreedomZ I was looking at a few years ago. It was not a question, I was not going to spend the extra money for a Kawi for roughly 30-40 hours of homeowner use a season. I mean my theory is that if you can get 500+ hours out of these engines, you got your moneys worth and you can just put a new engine in and start all over again.

So with that, I am glad to hear that you finally got your mower. I was happy to see your post tonight, congrats

I will also add that if you could maybe add some photo's in the homeowner ztr and equipment page and a little story and info on your machine, it would be appreciated. This really helps future homeowners searching for equipment and it is always nice for them be able to ask you questions and opinions on your equipment.
Link
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=322595&page=8
Echo SRM-210
Stihl BR-600 Magnum
Stihl FS90
AMSOIL In Everything I own

Page generated in 0.04738 seconds with 7 queries