View Single Post
Old 11-03-2010, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanlawn View Post
We don't need no videos to know what the LS ride-on aerator can do. David was kind enough to visit us on several occasions and allow us to demo it. It is awesome! Actually one of a kind. Nobody else offers such a unit. We are still considering the LS ride-on in the future.

Reasons:

1) you can run a one-man aeration crew instead of two (except for small gates/backyards)

2) the plug depth is awesome (adjustable for hard ground like we currently have)

3) the quality/durability of the machine appears to be high quality (especially regarding the new pumps & high quality chains)

Not sure about the LS walk-behind unit yet, cuz we're currently only pulling 1 - 1 1/2 inch plugs with all four weights in place. My guys take the TURFCO walk-behinds out everyday and leave the LS walk-behind aerator in the shop. Not sure what's going on there, but I let my guys pick & choose. Go figure. Heck -- we're still using a twenty-year-old Ryan walk-behind......seems they were better built compared to what Ryan offers nowadays.

Our 2 cents
The TA21 aerator is new to me and was pulling plugs that were 1-1 1/2" as well. Adjusted the stops all the way up which should have allowed the tines to go deeper but while using it, the wheel brackets rarely went up to the stops anymore .It was like it couldn't get more penetration.I tried adding more weights over the tine but didn't change core depth.I will say the depth of the holes is deeper then the cores show, but some cust. want to see plugs.
BTW I fired up the old classen and on the same ground ripped out 3"plugs just to make sure it was the unit and not the ground.Wonder if David has any suggestions?I will investigate more in a couple of days when I get freed up.

Page generated in 0.04383 seconds with 7 queries