View Single Post
Old 11-25-2010, 09:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Question about using my Magna-Matic

Hey guys...first I wanted to say I love my Magna-Matic! It has saved me so much money and time already and has given me better sharpened and balanced blade.

I have a couple questions about my sharpening technique though. Sometimes when I'm sharpening my blades the end of the blade will still be kind of dull and a little thicker than the rest of the sharpened blade if that makes sense. Am I pulling the blade away from the grinding wheel too fast or is there another explanation for this? Other times when I am really having to work on a really beat up blade, after a while it tends to leave a rough finish on the sharpened edge...I'm not sure why. I'm sure these are problems with my technique as these problems only happen sometimes. Also how do I know where to start sharpening? I feel like the length of the sharp edges of my blades is getting closer to the center of the blade. And how do I know when a blade is just too used up to sharpen anymore? My last question is how do I know when it is time to change the grinding wheel?

I will be needing to order a new box of wheels and possibly a new work table as I think I might have put the wheel a little too close a few times and worn mine down quite a bit. Do I order this stuff on the website? Sorry for the ridiculous amount of questions. These are just all things I have been meaning to ask about all season just kept forgetting. Finally thought to finally post it today. Thanks in advance for the help!
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com

Page generated in 0.03793 seconds with 7 queries