View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Me i dont have an edger yet.when i get one next season im getting a stick edger.but for first edge of the season i will borrow a friends its a walk behind edger.thats the first cut of the season then next time and through the whole season i will use my echo straight shaft trimmer.and it works great.never no problems using the trimmer to edge,but as lawnkingforever has said.u go though alot of line.same with me i have to restring quite a few times.
A quality stick edger should be able to power through you first cut of the season.....so I am not sure I would invest the money in a walkbehind.....but rather use that money towards a quality stick edger that can handle the rough stuff you will encounter at the first of the season. The blades of your turf types in IL are much smaller and finer than ours.....and I can go to a overgrown property and get through several inches of overgrown St. Augustine on the sidewalk without any issues, so I would assume your finer blade turf would be no different.

Providing Lawn Services, Landscape Installations and Solutions and Sod Services in the Oviedo Florida Market

If you aspire to a six-figure income, don't get advice from someone making $18,000 a year!

Page generated in 0.04476 seconds with 7 queries