Thread: Aquaponics????
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Tadpole

I thank you for the Reply. However I have developed Legs and I am a little past that section. Agronomics is the study of crops grown in SOIL while Hydroponics is the study of crops grown SOILESS. I have been involved in Hydroponics for a while now. Water quality is very important. My well water has a high Biocarbs so I have RO water. The pH of RO water is not stable and must be buffered where my Well water is buffered by the Biocarbs and soluble metals. Therefore I have been mixing both to achieve the perfect nutrient level for plants. Throw in Fish and the whole water balance changes. Plants like a pH of 5.5 to 6.5 while most fish like 7.5 to 8.0 pH. Plants will grow in 8.0 water as most fish can live in 6.0 water. Dissolved solids are totally different also. It is the Nitrite from Fish waste that fertilizes the Plants. Nitrites must be kept in balance also.

Back to my original questions. I have chased these answers on the Internet and my County Extension Agent. I just can't under stand why these facts are not published somewhere. They are the Back bone of the profit margin when doing a Commercial operation. If we were to talk about Cows or Pigs Etc these production number are everywhere.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03490 seconds with 7 queries