My Alcoa vinyl clad windows have been very hard to open for awhile now. I kept thinking to myself, I don't think my 6 year old son would be able to open his bedroom window to escape in case of a fire. Seriously. They're that hard to open. Well, I opened the window and tilted it in to expose the curly metal rod that goes up and down inside something when you open the window and I lubed that up really well with Fluid Film. That and along the track too. The results are dramatic. Before I had to put a lot of pressure on the window to open it....straining pretty hard. NOW, I can EASILY raise it and so can my son. I honestly feel a lot better now. A few kids recently died in a fire here in town but in a different situation than I think we'd ever find ourselves in, but it was a good reminder to me that I need to do something about these windows. I'm happy now :-)
Here's where I put it...
The window overall looks like this:
The main place I put it was here: