Thread: quickbooks
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2003, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I started out with Microsoft Money 1999. Upgraded to Microsoft Business 2001. I liked it. My accountant didn't. He had me try Quick Books Pro 2001. I like it more and more as I get use to it. It is hard to take full advantage of all Quick Books can do for you at first. I expect by the end of this season I will have a handle on it. My accountant is QB certified that helps and I love that link provided by Hamons (Thank you by the way). Two things I thought of : First I would recommend picking your software with the long term in mind. An example of what I am thinking about happened to day. I needed to see if an alternator I had bought for the dump truck was under warranty. The file was in Microsoft Moneys format. My computer has enough power to have both Microsoft Money and Quick Books loaded at the same time so it is not a problem for me to open old files. Do you see where I am going with this? Once you make your choice should you change your mind later say you out grow the first choice you may regret it. I do. Second I don't know if Quicken will work with programs like Clip or QXpress or not but I have tried the demos of both and will be getting one sometime soon. They are both very impressive programs you might want to check them out before making you decision.

Page generated in 0.03912 seconds with 7 queries