View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimowerman View Post
Grow one step at a time, establish a rapport with a credit union or local bank . Once you have a relationship with them they will be more apt to lend money. Get and use credit cards responsibly . Finance thru manufacturers. or sheffeild, ge finance ect.

Offer Pre-Pay options to your customers tis spring !

PM me if you would like to speak more about business ... Im a young business owner(21) also ... with a good credit score lol
I would agree with this.

When I started I was using a 21" Honda and some box store hand helds. I upgraded to a honda trimmer and edger when my craftsman trimmer died (not that I need to tell you but they make great hand tools for the money, but power tools aren't their forte). When I decided to do this legally I financed a brand new 36 Wright stander RH through yard card and a paid cash for a brand new 16' trailer. In hindsight the trailer was a good purchase, the mower a bad one. They "custom built" my trailer w/ an adding side gate, which is a great set up and I'm glad I had it done-it wasn't something I could easily buy used. I wish I had just paid cash for a low hour walkbehind instead of buying new stander. I realize this isn't ultra helpful, but I could have achieved the same results with a $1500 used mower and would have been debt free in the same season. Then I could have bought another larger used mower with cash or cash + credit.
My suggestion.
If you can't get a loan through the bank try to finance 1 mower through the dealer on a longer term to keep the payments low. Use that mower to make mad cash on all those properties and look for a used dump trailer &/or another mower that you can buy with cash.
Shindaiwa T242 trimmer
Honda HHT35 trimmer
Honda HHE31C edger
Shindaiwa EB802RT blower
Husqvarna 125B blower
Shindaiwa DH231 30" Hedge Trimmer
Billy Goat aerator
16' Tandem Axle trailer w/ side and rear gate
'92 GMC C1500

Page generated in 0.04484 seconds with 7 queries