View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
It would cost them $1k a day to operate, when you include equipment payments, and supplies there. I've worked out of places like that where you have to pack in your supplies, and pack out your trash. It's a logistical feat to keep a site like that supplied.

Why they don't have fuel for the 4th of july weekend? They probably burnt more fuel that they expected, or are behind schedule.

I wouldn't take anaybody else out onto a site like that execpt for my crew and myself. That part doesn't make sense. As far as the reactions, they only have one option to avoid getting eaten alive from mosquitoes- DEET powered repellant. I don't know how anybody reacts to DEET. I know once they've used it, though.

I'm not trying to insult you, but you don't know the **** you simply have to do to run a job in a very, very remote location. There are more expenses that fuel and mainstay equipment (excavators, dozers, loaders, trucks etc.) There is a periphery of stuff to do to run those jobs that you don't take note of when running a job with easy access.
You misinterpreted my post.

My point was... they said they burn $1500 a day in fuel alone. Then the head tamahauk says it cost them only $1000 per day in operating expenses. Maybe we should ship them a calculator.

When is the last time you hugged some dude that worked for you?

Page generated in 0.04499 seconds with 7 queries