View Single Post
Old 01-18-2011, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgrassguy View Post
Then go back and re-read all of my posts in this thread where I SPECIFICALLY stated each machines were run against the others.
Also you are completely incorrect about how a reel mower operates. First there is no anvil, just a reel that feeds the turf tissue with the rear of the blade across a BED KNIFE which cuts the turf tissue.
When I conducted my mower trials all of the units were compared to each other and a Hiayter on both C4 turf that was actively growing then C4 turf over seeded with C3 turf.
Height of cut varied between 1" to .5" depending upon the site, and the leaf tissue was examined under a optical prism to:
1. Confirm accuracy of bench height verse field height of cut.
2. Examine the turf condition immediately prior to then after mowing
3. The ability of the machine being tested to mow through:
Sorry man, your wrong again. There is no such thing as a bed knife. That and other terms referring to the anvil in ANY FIXED CUTTING SITUATION is nothing more than slang handed down for years and years. Its often referred to with many different names but, just like that pig with lipstick on, its still a pig.
Now, just because a man hangs a shingle on his porch, says he's a house painter and has been painting houses for TWENTY YEARS, doesnt make him a good house painter. It makes him an EXPERIENCED and probably a literate house painter. But, that alone does not make him an accomplished or talented house painter.
*shruggin*
Harry
harryh@northtexasturf.net
For man, there is no greater burden than potential.

Page generated in 0.04268 seconds with 7 queries