View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 10:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of good ideas out there. Of course a lot of it is over the head of the client in most cases, but gradually they can understand if they care to.

I believe the 'instant attention' would be the pocket book. Perhaps selling 'Organic' is not the best idea. To go 'Organic" means it is going to cost more... and take time to regain what they HAVE already.

Selling one idea, that saves the new client money, without diminishing turf color, while at the same time improving the soil.
Eliminating Nitrogen loss through evaporation/leaching as much as possible, may meet that criteria.

Describing the 'idea' to the potential client as the lawn being a sponge that allows N to soak in and stay, for the plants to use, or the soil being like steel wool, that doesn't hold anything for very long.
Then giving it a name like IPM, which deals with pest management of course, but gives the client the idea that, he pays for something ONLY if it is needed.

Page generated in 0.03857 seconds with 7 queries