View Single Post
Old 02-03-2011, 09:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It always amuses me when I see these kinds of posts, "What brand of skid steer should I buy?" or "What kind of truck should I buy?"

Doesn't anybody have a mind of their own? The answers you are going to get will be as varied and different as the people that reply, everyone has their favorite brand.

After owning a Case track unit and currently owning a Cat MTL I will swear by the Cat until the day I die, but KSSS's opinion is completly opposite of mine.

Bobcat Ron was a Bobcat guy until he owned and Cat, then he was a Cat guy until he owned a Taki. (which greatly disappointed me by the way) but the Taki had more power for the size of the machine that he needed.

My Cat works for my needs but I will be the first to admit that if I was working in different conditions I would get a CTL instead of an MTL............Cat of course.

I've owned two Case skids in the past and I have no problems with them but they are not as comfortable and as engine accessable as the Cats. These were important issues for me, they might not be important to you. These are the kinds of things you need to figure out for yourself.

For me, price is the lowest priority. After owning 4 diferent units in the last 6 years I wound up with the most expensive machine because that's what it took to meet my particular needs and to put a smile on my face.

Do your homework, demo each unit, ask intelligent questions and then decide which is best for you, your needs, and your budget.

By the way, do a thread search, there are dozens of threads on this same subject, one of them is five threads down from yours at the moment

2013 Cat 299D XHP

Bobcat Flail Cutter
84" Custom Built Scarifier
84" Custom Built Mini Dozer Blade/Grapple Bucket
84" Custom Built Ripper/Ring Roller
84" Level Best Dual Slope Box Grader with Power Masts

http://happytrack.com/html/track_0.html

Page generated in 0.04482 seconds with 7 queries