Thread: White Gardens
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Nice pics,like your fleet for plowing.the vermeer is kool.nice see you still use the old shovel and snowblower on few accounts since i dont have a truck or plow,thats what i use and gets thee job done.until the truck comes later on this year.
That driveway is in an older neighborhood in Bloomington, close the the hospital.

1.) barely could get my truck in there if I tried.
2.) Plow is too wide
3.) The mini would have worked for only half of it as the grade is to steep from the house to the street. There was at least an 8' grade change from the bottom of the backdoor to the street.

I did one property that I normally blow (too narrow even for a 6.5 foot plow) half with blower and the front half with the mini. The apron at the front of the drive was newer concrete and an 8" drop over 6 feet. A couple of times I was afraid I was going to slide into the busy street. The key was getting a good scrape as you go downhill to get better traction on the pavement.

I started with a blower, and even still blow most of my driveways to keep the heavy truck off of them. In this storm though, most drives got the truck if I could maneuver in them, and I was really surprise at how well Heavy D can turn and push most of the snow off the side of the driveways.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.

Page generated in 0.03904 seconds with 7 queries