View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 05:42 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboynormmie View Post
Hey Exact Rototilling I guess it's all your fault then, for my purchase so I'm holding you accountable.

With how rough your condition's are with that rocky soil you would really give those machines a proper workout.I would love to see Turfco and Plugr let you put their machines through their paces.I know you would give an honest review of your findings.Some how though I don't ever see this happening.
Not much happens other than a gentle clunk when the LS 21" hits rock here. What I do wonder is how the LS stander would handle them??? Lawn here at the house is riddle with them. I expect the LS design to outlast a Plugr easily with far fewer structural issue than the jack hammer hell the Plugrs are subjected to. Just need to bring in more $ with the Plugr to off set burned up tines, cracked engine cases and repairs etc.

Other than a comparison of running the Turfco unit [assuming 4" x 6"] the tighter LS pattern of 3.5 x 6" [with added weight to offset this] just works better in my new controversial marketing angle with more plugs than the other guys. Accurate plug count per square foot plus the even greater affected surface area impacted on the grass then tied in with greatest benefit and the math to prove it. Also going to offer a double Plugr pass for extra $ for a truly ideal aeration. I have collected tine spacing data on many other units on the market. Some of the tine spacing out there is pretty sparse. Every lawn I have seen aerated by the big companies here has the typical sparse pattern including the big one locally who runs the site sponsors units exclusively. I always shake my head and think what a rip off when I look at their plug patterns next to mine or around town.

I did an estimate last spring for aeration and I told the potential customers hey I pull more plugs and I quoted her $115 for aeration other Big local Co. quoted $85....and she later said she was going to go with the other guys because they won a free barbeque from the other Co. in home show and wanted to offset their winnings even though I pull more plugs.....WT?
That other company doesn't mark sprinklers and takes chances and says their guy know what to look out for and they will fix heads if they are hit. Anyhow.....more plugs means nothing to many and I still believe when people are presented with the facts they will jump on board.

Not to worried about local competitors. Most Plugrs in the area are 400's and 600's with the more sparse pattern. I have never seen a Hydro Plugr in my area other than mine or a Ryan 28 or even the tug fest PL 800 with the same tine spacing as the 850 & 855. PL 800 is handicapped since you cant drop the rear of the machine as tines wear with lower tire pressure etc.

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ™
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.

Page generated in 0.04453 seconds with 7 queries