View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 PM
LawnSite Member

thanks for the replies guys.

what i was trying to describe is this situation:

we'd run a power rake on smaller yards, and a jrco dethatcher on the larger yards. (we only have a 22 inch wide power rake at the moment)
vac up the thatch
do our core aeration
then some sort of overseeding.

i like the other method that was mentioned above, using the power rake to break up the cores....

i'm just going on my experience with this, but up here it usually takes a minimum of one month to see a nice growth from the new seed. Now being that its spring and not fall, the lawns are going to grow super fast. Which means more mowing. I was worried about the mower lifting up the new weed after a few weeks, and smashing the new growth that had taken root.

I'm thinking that i will explain the process to my customers, tell them if they choose spring overseeding , that their lawns will be a bit "shaggy" for a month or so until its safe to mow. most of my customers will be having spot treatments anyhow.

i'll also push the customers who want an entire lawn overseeding to wait until fall

we don't have our licence for pest control this year, so we will be subbing that out (it pains me to do it) we will do the fert ourselves if it's cost effective.

Last edited by djlunchbox; 02-28-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Page generated in 0.04163 seconds with 7 queries