View Single Post
Old 03-03-2011, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like Ric's advise...he's a wise old man

Although Im not as experienced as he is....Im only 2x's your age, I have been fertin & squirtin since I was 17 years old (right out of high school) and I really haven't done any other job in my life. Im about to start my 25th spring in this business.

It took me 10 years of working for other companies before I decided to do my own thing...and it was scary. However the one thing I found out very quickly is this...

Its not what you do for work that will make you successful, because lets face it, almost anyone can figure out how to Mow, Fertilize, spray weeds or really insert any other thing we all do...its learning how to run a business is what you need to worry about.

It seems like your on the right path, your licensed, in College and currently have a customer base to work with. Just keep doing things the correct way, yes you will make mistakes..might burn a few lawns, streak a few but trust me even the "old timers" do this too.

that is what you really need to concentrate on, making sure you run you company to make money. Your not in the Lawn Care business, your in the making a profit business first.

Page generated in 0.05064 seconds with 7 queries