Thread: Ants!
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2011, 12:26 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreich3075 View Post
SO I just bought a house in December and now that the warm weather is approaching the ants are beginning to come out. It started with 1 or 2 a day now its more like 5 to 10 a day. I believe they are carpenter ants but I am not positive. The house is clean, there is not food laying around or drinks left out. What can I do?
dreich

Modern pesticides are not only effective but inexpensive compared to the old days of crawling the attic to find Carpentar Ant nests. What you give up is a little speed in gaining control. The best pesticide work slowly so they can travel all the up the food chain before the first morality. However it is not what you use but how you use it that makes a difference in Pest Control. Map out all areas where you see carpentar ants and how often you see them there. These are the spots you want to apply a treatment to.

From a Pragmatic point of view, Maxi Force Carpentar Ant Bait with a Fipronil AI might be your first choice. It is relatively safe, inexpensive and effect. As a bait it attracts the Ants the same as a big meal deal. They carry it home to momma and in about 5 to 6 weeks there are no signs of even newly hatched Ants. It will take a couple weeks to notice a reduction of ants but then they will start to go away even faster.

I gave you a Simple & Effective cure. Sometimes they don't always work and we have to plan B. If you need or want instant knock down call a Professional, that is how we make our living.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.

Page generated in 0.03158 seconds with 7 queries