Supposed to get some comfortable temps finally around here this week, but that means the chance for rain also.
Been trying to get my spring cleanups accomplished, but it's either been too wet or too windy to move leaves around. Hopefully I can get them squeezed in this week along with spring fert and pre-emergence applications.
Here is some pics for fun. Took a trip last week to help my dad move a set of saddle tanks for spraying and a 1500 gallon water/nurse tank. We ended up taking them to a consignment auction. Below are some of the pics I took while we were there.
Averted disaster with my tiller head also. I took it apart to clean it and put fresh grease in the box. Turns out the bigger bearing towards the top was shot. Cheap fix, and I bypassed the dealer and went to Motion Industries to replace the bearings with a better quality bearing. Ultimately I'm glad I caught it as I probably can get another 2-3 years out of it before the worm gear and ring gear wear out.
Also picked up my old IH Die-Cast peddle tractor from home so my son can enjoy! I did a lot of farming on this thing growing up. Hopefully I get the time this summer clean and paint it to make it look new again. As far as I know, my dad still has a set of decals for it somewhere, so hopefully he can locate them.
He's already getting the hang of it.
Equipment at the auction. My dad is looking for a Verti-Cutter like this one to help break open the soil in the spring without actually tilling it for no-till applications. He's had nothing but super wet springs the last couple of years, and he wants to be able to get in the fields faster.
Look at that Brass gear shine! Luckily the lash between the worm gear and ring gear is still tight.