View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandscapePayments.com View Post
Lush Green Lawn,

Please make no mistake in that we are not trying to make other merchants sound like they are running a shady business. There are many very reputable companies out there that can provide you the ability to accept credit cards.

What we are trying to do is give you a different option for accepting payments, and help you understand the differences between LandscapePayments and other companies.

There is a reason your clients hire you to perform the services you offer. In many situations it is simply to save time. If this economy is hurting your clients enough financially, so as to not pay a convenience fee to save time, then there is the possibility they can not afford your service as well. And that is why many companies are experiencing delayed payments, causing you to spend additional money trying to collect on them. Giving your clients the option to use their credit card allows them to finance your services on their terms, or simply allows you to receive your money without having to stop their service, or pursue collection methods.
Jason,

Many people are turned off by being charged a fee for everything. It has nothing to do with their level of income. I can easily pay my bills, but if I hired a contractor and they started charging me a 3% fee to process my credit card, I would find a new contractor. People have publicly made it very clear that they are fed up with company's stating a price for service, and then tacking on additional fees.

I have made a commitment to my customers to not add additional fees not included in their original agreement. No Fuel surcharges, bogus taxes, convenience fee's, ect. People would much rather see a reasonable price increase than an additional line item on their invoice charging an additional fee.

You have to understand that when you are the only merchant bank charging a convenience fee for processing, then people will tend to react poorly to it. I recently spent several weeks searching for the best processor, and not one charged the customer a fee for using a credit card. As a matter of fact, when I signed up for intuit they told me that it would be against VISA and Mastercards terms of service to charge a fee or higher price to use a credit card, and my account would be terminated if I did. I guess the rules for processing company are different, but there is a reason that they don't want me to do it, because it reflects poorly on their industry.

If you drop that fee I'm sure you would make up the difference by attracting more clients. I would be able to look past the setup fee, after all, You do offer a little more than most merchant banks, the ability to link to a webpage where the customer can run their own card. The convenience fee is going to be a deal killer for anyone who has shopped different merchant banks.

Page generated in 0.04361 seconds with 7 queries