View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksss View Post
We have had this conversation over the years, but I think a dirt mag that ran REAL articles on equipment would sell. I mean head to head competitions with real operators, objective testing of machines and not company reps spewing canned dialog. I would see it much like Motor Trend or Car and Driver.

At this point in given the state of the North American dirt market, probably not gonna happen, but I think its time will come. I get every dirt mag rag that I know and they are all largely the same. However this type of mag would be worth reading.
It always starts out as non objective but as popularity increases then so does manufacturer finacial support? Remember Consumer Reports? at one time it was the Holy Grail! It is not worth anything now.

It has happened with the auto industry, ATV's etc etc.

The finances needed for this kind of test would be staggering. You would have to test the units in numerous regions just to get a fair comparrison.
You would also have to get all units from dealer stock to ensure that the units are not tinkered with my manufacturers.LOL
Trust me it happens.

Page generated in 0.04172 seconds with 7 queries