View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncknaklawns View Post
In NY you get to subtract the tax for the mulch when you pay the sales tax. Because you'll be paying the tax again on the bill to the customer. You need to track your business expenses. Like on Schedule C.
Equip and Supplies -separate out suplies for landscapping that are left with the customer
Maint and repairs
In NY plowing is taxable service.and it appears you have to pay tax on the gas twice. At the pump and in the contract.
You can simplify it quite easily... If you buy 10 yds of mulch @ $20/yd, that is $200 + $11.00 sales tax...

Just charge the client $211.00 for the mulch and itis a dollar for dollar turn around and nohing for you to do paperwork over.

If you use your tax number you can get the mulch tax-free @ $200, then you RETAIL @ $300 + $16.50 = invoice to the customer... and send the money from the customer to the state...

I invoice the customer for an extra hundred dollars in labor and keep it simple...

Page generated in 0.03404 seconds with 7 queries