View Single Post
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghunter502 View Post
You know when you are dealing with the mentality of people you hire that mow lawns for a living all I am trying is to find what motivates them to get them to making more money as well as myself with giving them some ownership in the company. No they would not get to see the books if they are making more money than they normally would they don't care. We do this with Christmas lights the guys who normally make $9-10/hour they were making anywhere from 13 to 18 an our they didn't care at all making more money they were extremely happy and I made alot more money than previous years. If you have any better ideas I am all ears?
I am certainly not trying to start a argument I don't have the time or interest in that. Read post #5 again then read your latest post, do you really think this is workable. When a employees compensation is based on profits or the companies gross income they have a right and a need to know exactly what that is. The fact it is more than what they would get paid normally under the old pay system is irrelevant. If your not willing to open your books to them then you might not be ready for this pay method. You want them to take ownership in this way?

I suggest stronger motivated supervision together with really knowing your numbers. If you really want to part with your profit pay a simple bonus when they meet your goals. Remember what you said in your latest post "you are dealing with the mentality of people you hire that mow lawns for a living" These people more often than not will have no interest or understanding in your company but they will understand a bonus for meeting a reasonable goal. if you do anything read your post #5 again and as many times as it takes to see how silly it really is.

Page generated in 0.03531 seconds with 7 queries