View Single Post
Old 04-04-2011, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Kennedy Landscaping

Well guys, its been a long winter, been pretty busy with work and been pretty busy tearing stuff up too lol. Anyways, we had a few good snow storms and I used the four wheeler for the first few, until I did a bunch of front end damage plowing 4ft snow drifts. Blew out the fourwheel drive and broke/bent a bunch of other things. So I ended up with a plow truck, its a 1999 F-150 XL, its got some dings and dents and isnt the best running rig on the road. Burns some oil and such but it will be perfect for a work truck. And believe it or not, I traded my four wheeler straight across for this truck. The four wheeler wasn't fixed when I traded it, so I think I got a good deal. Even if the truck isn't perfect. Its what I have wanted all along, 4x4, vinyl interior, steel rims, 8ft bed, reg cab. It has 183,000 miles, had 17x,xxx when I got it. It had a Western Unimount setup and wiring on it when I got it, but no blade. So I picked up a non-working western unimount plow for 175 bucks, cleaned the valves and such and got it working without putting any money into it. I did go ahead and repaint it though and put new lights on it. So now it all works good. The weatherguard tool box on the new truck, I picked up for 25 bucks. Then it had some old worn out H/T tires on it when I got it, and the steel wheels had paint flaking off. So I took the wheels off, sanded them, primered them, painted and cleared them. Then worked out a deal with the local tire shop to do a little bit of mowing this summer and he put a set of brand new Mickey Thompson Baja M/Ts on the truck for me. It came with 235s on it and these new tires are 265s and still dont rub even with the plow on . As far as everything else, just been extremely busy working my life away and making money. Done several installs this year already, lawns, and landscapes. Anyways, just came home for lunch and thought I'd update. I'll try to get some pics up later, no promises though. Soon as I drop my mowing trailer today I've gotta hook up to another one and go pick up a load of topsoil. So it may be a little bit.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower