View Single Post
Old 04-11-2011, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

When I first started out I ran a 1991 chevrolet s-10 with the 4.3 litre 6 cylinder. Pulled a 6x12 trailer with 2 mowers. Im not 100% sure what kinda mileage the little booger got but I can tell you it was a heck of a lot better than Im doing now with my 1/2ton chevrolet z71 pulling the 16ft trailer.

Its funny now that I think about it, I have upgraded all my equipment to where I have a really nice set up and for the last month have thought about how nice it would be to have the little s-10 back with the 6x12 single axle trailer. Id figure that I was getting somewhere around 15mpg or so just for the simple fact that driving it back and forth from my full time job back then it got a little over 20mpg on average. That little truck was geared with the 373 gears and did very well pulling with 1 60" ztr and 48 walk behind. STOPPING was where it gave me fits so I had trailer brakes installed and the problem was solved.

I have never figured my fuel mileage before with my 98 z71 pulling a 16ft tandem trailer with 2 scag 61 ztrs and 1 exmark 48 walk behind. Whats everyone figure that thing is getting mileage wise?????

Page generated in 0.04206 seconds with 7 queries