Originally Posted by unkownfl
Isn't that MPG kinda low? Are you hard on it? I thought about picking up a 7.3 but not with that mileage. Is it a Manual or Auto?
Keep in mind that there are a lot of factors involved with mileage. A few are, but not limited to:
- speeds traveled
- weight/config of truck and/or trailer (ie, open vs closed trailer, dual versus tridem, equipment on trailer, truck, truck box type, cab type, drive type..)
- elevation of operating area
- tire pressure
- synthetic fluids can aid in mileage along with aftermarket parts
- transmission type and overall final drive ratio
- axle ratio
- overall mechanical condition of vehicle
- driving with two feet in an automatic can also cause issues (some folks don't even realize they press the brake while accelerating!)
...things like that..